Pairing Aftershokz to computer is just a matter of seconds. However, you may have to face some compatibility issues with Bluetooth versions. Also, some typical pairing issues such as connected devices list full or some bugs.
If you don’t know, Aftershokz bone conduction headphones come with Bluetooth version 5.0 or above. However, most laptops are compatible with Aftershokz, but there can be certain issues of support.
Before doing anything, look at the following pairing Aftershokz to computer requirements.
- If you are using a computer and not a laptop, you have to look for a Bluetooth module compatible with Aftershokz. If you are using a desktop computer, a Bluetooth adapter on your computer’s onboard will need to be turned on.
- Computers should be placed in a range of 1 meter from your Aftershokz headphones.
- Ensure that the headphones are sufficiently charged before pairing it to the computer.
How to Pair Aftershokz to Computer?
Following are the actual steps to pair Aftershokz to computer.
The Aftershokz should be put into pairing mode if you want to pair it for the first time with any device after purchasing it or reset the headphones because the headphones has no pairing information initially).
All you have to do is press the volume+ button for 5-7 seconds. Once you have done this, you will see your LED flashing red and blue. As well, you will hear the message, “Welcome to Aftershokz.”
The next step is to register the headphones on the computer.
- Choose Change PC settings from the Computer settings.
- From the PC settings menu, select the Devices option.
- To add a device, select Add a device and Select Aftershokz headphones. Input the character 0000 if entering a passkey is required on the computer’s display.
- Now the Aftershokz headphones and the computer are paired. You can hear voice prompts saying “Bluetooth connected” on your Aftershokz headphones.
Keep in mind
- Aftershokz headphones will automatically turn off when the pairing process has not been completed within approximately five minutes from when it started. The pairing mode will automatically be canceled when this happens. You will need to repeat the pairing process to be able to pair again.
- It is not necessary to pair Bluetooth devices again if they have already been paired unless there is a specific reason to do so, such as a headphone has been reset or if a Bluetooth device is removed from the computer.
- In cases where the headphones have already been paired with 8 devices, they will not be eligible for pairing with the computer. You have to delete at least one device from the computer settings.
- In the case of a new device being paired after 8 devices are already paired, the newly paired device will override that of the connected device with the longest pairing time.
- It is possible to connect the Aftershokz headphones with several devices at the same time, however, music can only be played from one of the devices connected at the same time.
How to Pair Aftershokz with Other Devices
How to Pair Aftershokz other Models
Why won’t my AfterShokz connect to my computer?
The first reason can be the number of connected devices limit is reached in the Aftershokz headphones. Second, there can be some Bluetooth version compatibility issues. Third, computer Bluetooth is turned off. Lastly, there can be a bug in headphones software which can be repaired with a reset.
Why are my AfterShokz beeping?
Headphones can send you a signal based on their battery status or whether you are trying to maximize or minimize volume on them in terms of volume. In some cases, your Bluetooth headphones may beep because of interference caused by other nearby devices.
Why won’t my Aftershokz headphones turn on?
You should look at the battery of the Aftershokz headphones first. If the battery is OK, you can reset the headphones. If nothing is working, you should claim a warranty if it exists.
How do you check an AfterShokz battery?
The battery life of your headphones can be checked when no music is playing by turning them on and pressing the volume+ or volume- button. You will hear the battery level message in one of the following ways: “Battery High,” “Battery Medium,” “Battery Low,” or “Charge Me.”.
Can AfterShokz battery be replaced?
AfterShokz does not offer battery repair or replacement services; however, they provide a two-year warranty on all AfterShokz batteries. If your battery is unable to hold a charge or stops working correctly, AfterShokz can provide you with assistance in filing a warranty claim to receive a replacement.
Is there an AfterShokz app?
Yes, Aftershokz has an app, but it only works with the Open Run Pro model of Aftershokz. There is no possibility of customizing controls, listening profiles or updating the firmware from the app.