Are you tired of the foul smell coming from your headset but didn’t care to clean them? Or are you scared that you might break the pricey headphones in a cleaning attempt? Or maybe you live in a humid, hot area where your headphones’ earpads are all covered up with mold. Whatever the case is. This cleaning guide got it all covered.
I have been a user of Logitech Headphones. And as a gamer, we need to wear headphones for a pretty long time. Therefore, the gear needs to be taken care of once a week. This article is here to provide you with all the information about How to Clean Logitech Headsets without getting them damaged.
Let’s get the safe and quick cleaning process started. Read along!
How to Clean Logitech Headset
Before jumping in, we might need to see some key points that we should be careful about. Because these points get our expensive Logitech Headphones neat and clean in a single piece without any threats of damage.
With that, collect all the necessary instruments/ things which makes the process handy and easier for you. What are you waiting for? Look for the needed things that are surprisingly cheap and at the same time present in the comfort of your own house.
Key Points to Remember While Cleaning Your Logitech Gear
Look! Cleaning is important. However, how you do it is even more crucial than this. Because the slightest wrong step can get your Logitech headphones to end up in a repair shop. So, carefully read these significant key points and try to keep them in mind while performing the cleaning process.
- For cleaning your Logitech Headphones, it is safe to use antibacterial wipes, alcohol wipes, or disinfecting wipes.
- Don’t use products such as bleach, acetone/nail polish remover, powerful solvents, or abrasives could degrade the surface of polyester fabric and result in discoloration.
- When using cleaning sprays, spray on the cloth and wipe — do not spray the product directly
- Utilize a weak solution of neutral detergent to always get rid of any stubborn debris from the headphones.
- It is best to avoid using a moist cloth. Before washing your headphones, always squeeze out the excess water.
- Avoid using any aggressive or sharp instruments to clean those difficult-to-reach locations.
- For the purpose of preventing any unexpected drops into the water, avoid washing the headphones near a sink or beneath a water faucet.
- Never use higher amounts of rubbing alcohol to prevent damage to your headset.
- Do not wash your ear pads in a washing machine.
- Do not dry your ear pads in a tumble dryer.
- Don’t put cleaning liquids directly on your earpads and headband.
Instruments You’ll Need to Clean Logitech Headset
- 2 Soft and clean pieces of cloth.
- Small brush with soft nylon bristles.
- Cotton buds/ cotton swab (100% cotton)
- Warm Water
- Mild handwashing soap/ neutral detergent
- Logitech Headphones
- Rubbing Alcohol (70%)
Procedure To Clean Logitech Headphones
- Be sure to unplug your Logitech Headphones if connected from any external source.
- Turn the power button off then start to clean the headphone.
General Overall Cleaning
- Start with general cleaning in its entirety first.
- Grab a piece of cloth soaked in an alcohol solution. Squeeze out any excess liquid from that piece.
- The headband’s cushion, hinges, and plastic substances should all be gently cleaned. The ear pads and ear cups’ outside surface should be thoroughly cleaned.
- The same general process will go for a gaming headset too.
Warning: Never use makeup remover wipes for cleaning the Logitech headphones.
Pro Tip: Simultaneously, pat every component of the headset dry when cleaned with a moist cloth.
Clean The Areas Under Hinges And Screws
- There are a few microscopic holes between the swivels and tiny screws that can gather a lot of dirt over time, If not regularly cleaned.
- Use the tiny, little brush, slightly dipped in alcohol, to carefully massage the dirt off of the tiny hinges.
- Dry the places using a gentle microfiber towel.
- Repeat the process to clean the screws, but this time use Q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol to do so.
Pro Tip: Make sure the moist wipes you use aren’t completely saturated with water. Always squeeze the excess water out of the wet wipes before cleaning your Logitech Headphones. This will avoid harming the internal electrical components or speakers.
Cleaning The Ear Cups And Their Earpads
- Before cleaning the ear cups of a Logitech Headphone, make sure to detach each earpad.
- Gently run a piece of cloth that has been mildly dipped in rubbing alcohol across the entire set of ear pads.
- Do not neglect to wipe the earpads’ undersides as this area can get dirt and dust buildup. Use some clean cotton tips for this.
- If your ear pads have become really gross and need an in-depth cleaning. Then make the lukewarm water soapy solution and immerse them under it. Don’t leave them for long. Just rub them gently in a circular motion with your fingers.
- Rinse them under the flowing water and squeeze all the remaining water out from them.
- Soak the excess water in a clean dry piece of cloth and pat them dry with it.
- Let the ear pads dry at normal room temperature.
Warning: Do not bend the ear pads while wringing extra water from them. Just pat them dry against the cloth as in their original shape. Moreover, avoid leaving your ear pads in water or in any other moist substance that could fade or harm their color.
Pro Tip: Don’t leave the earpads moist for long as it weakens them and, it can lead to cracks in earpads, promptly dry them with a piece of cloth.
Cleaning the Headband’s Cushion
- Carefully separate the headband’s cushion from the headphone.
- Allow it to soak in the solution of lukewarm water and mild detergent.
- Let them air dry before fastening the cushion to the headband.
Warning: Do not use any heating or an air-drying machine to fasten up the drying process for any component of headphones. Let every component dry on its own.
Wipe the headset’s 3.5 mm wire or a USB Cable if it has any with the same moistened cloth damped in alcohol. And also don’t forget to wipe clean the mic if there is any attached.
Pro Tip: When wiping the cables, hold them mid-way and clean in a direction towards the attachment of a cord. Don’t pull away from the attachment to prevent any damage to the cables.
How to clean Logitech G733 Headset?
A: Logitech g733 Headphones are easy and simple to clean. The same process applied to these headphones as it goes for any other Logitech series. Take the clean, lint-free microfiber cloth. Dip them in an alcohol solution. Carefully wring the extra water out.
Start by wiping the whole exterior surface of the headphone such as all the connectors, plastics, ear cups and headband. Now separate the earpads and wipe them thoroughly in circular motion. Let the separated pieces dry and use it after a while.
How to clean Logitech G PRO X Headset?
A: You must first and foremost remove the earpads from the earcups in order to clean the earpads. After that, wet a tiny piece of soft microfiber cloth in warm, soapy water. Wipe the earpads clean gently in all directions after wringing off any extra liquid.
For cleaning the inside of earpads where a cloth can’t easily reach, use cotton buds that have been slightly dampened in the same solution. After drying them off, be sure to wipe with a dry towel and reattach them to the headset.
How to clean the Logitech G335 Headset?
A: Start by giving the headphones’ earpads a thorough cleaning with a soft cloth dampened in warm, soapy water. With a cotton bud dampened in the aforementioned solution, one should also wipe the interior and undersides of the earpads. Immediately after cleaning each surface, use a dried cloth to simultaneously pat each one dry.
Use the same moist cloth to clean the headband and its cushion. Don’t forget to wipe the hinge and screw areas with the towel.
How to clean Logitech G435 Headset?
A: Use a clean, soft, lint-free cloth and standard tap water to lightly damp it before using it to wipe or clean the headset’s headband and ear pads.You can also gently rub damaged areas with a small amount of soap applied to a clean, soft cloth that has been lightly dampened in order to remove tough stains.
Make sure to completely rinse the surface with the same dampened towel. Continue until there are no more signs of soap.Additionally, you can make use of fragrance-free antibacterial wet wipes and disinfectant wipes. Allow it to air dry in the open air.
It is never too late to get your Logitech Headphones neat and clean. If you haven’t thought of cleaning your headphones before though they are smelling bad and gross. And even you can’t be able to bear it yourself. Then these informational guidelines are here to get you out of this difficulty and give you quick step-by-step methods to clean your Logitech Headphones.
This article would save your headphones not to go in vain but also saves you from ruining your ear’s health as well. All it takes to spare a few minutes in the whole week and you will have a superb neat and clean headphone for every use.