Are your earbuds doesn’t sound the same as before? Or are they sounding muffled whenever you use them, making things hard to understand? It can be because you have been using your earbuds for quite some time without even thinking to clean them up.
They must be drenched with grim, dirt, and ear wax as you tossed them up wherever you want. A study found that your earbuds might contain 119,186 colony-forming bacteria that’s quite the number that can easily cause severe infections.
Here, the article would discuss the simple regime on how you can maintain your Beats Earbuds neat and clean. Which not only will save your ear’s health but also prevents your earbuds from losing their efficiency.
How to Clean Beats Earbuds
To make the cleaning process lot quicker and less bothersome, make sure to collect proper supplies by your hand. Moreover, it’s always better to be on the safe side by taking some precautionary measures while cleaning your expensive earbuds.
Precautionary Measures While Cleaning Beats Earbuds
- To avoid any unintentional drops, keep your earphones and their case away from any bodies of water.
- Make sure to keep liquids of any kind from entering the cracks or speaker grills.
- Don’t dry the device using outside heat.
- Avoid using any sprays or cleaning with detergents, soapy liquids, or damp cotton.
- Never use a sharp, harmful tool for cleaning like toothpicks
- Don’t use any external object in the earbud’s USB-C charging port.
Protip: Nowadays, many earbuds manufacturers mention the IP codes of their gadgets. This will inform you how much water and dust your earbuds can resist or intake. However, this doesn’t point toward submerging or rinsing the earbuds under running water.
Supplies Needed to Clean Beats Earbuds
- Alcohol (simple isopropyl alcohol).
- Alcohol wipes.
- Bowl of warm water.
- Usual cotton swab.
- Soft bristle toothbrush.
- Clean microfiber lint-free cloth.
- Dishwashing soap.
Procedure to Clean Beats Earbuds
- Make sure to take the earbuds out from their case before you start cleaning them up.
- Use a soft, dry small piece of lint-free cloth to clean all the surfaces of the earbuds.
- Remove the silicon rubber tips to see if there is any dust, wax, or debris stuck between the tips and mesh.
- If found, gently clean them with a soft-bristled toothbrush to brush away any debris from the mesh.
Now for Cleaning The Rubber Tips
- Soak them in the dishwashing solution (made by mixing 1/4th teaspoon of dishwashing liquid in half glass of lukewarm water) for 30 minutes.
- Wash away any debris or wax under flowing warm water.
- Use a cotton swab to dislodge any stuck earwax or dirt from the earbud’s tips.
- Dry them with a soft clean and lint-free cloth.
- Make sure they are dehydrated before placing them back into the earbuds.
Don’t Forget to Clean The Charging Case
- Wipe them with a clean, dry piece of cloth.
- If the outside of the case is hard to clean and have got some stubborn stains on it. You can also use 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Just dampen the soft lint-free cloth in the alcohol solution and rub the case outside.
- Use the soft-bristled brush to clean or dust off any debris from the USB-C charging port.
- To clean the charging ports – using a fresh cotton swab to gently clean them would do the job.
Warning: Avoid using harsh rubbing motion with the alcohol dampen cloth. Make sure not to get any liquid inside the charging case.
How Do You Get Ear Wax Out Of Beats Earbuds?
With dust and grim there comes an ear wax causing the earbuds to sound low. The phenomenon is that the earbuds produce sound vibrations with heat which causes the earwax to melt and got stuck inside them.
You can get the earwax out of Beats Earbuds in the following manner mentioned below;
- Always remove the silicon rubber tips first and separately clean them.
- Dip the earbuds in soapy warm water for good 15 minutes to soften the debris in the tips.
- Now, take them out and clean the inner area of the tips thoroughly with cotton swabs.
- Rinse them with warm soapy water after cleaning them with a cotton swab. It would get all the remaining dirt to wash out.
- Let the tips air dry meanwhile let’s remove the clogged earwax from the earbud’s mesh.
- For the wax removal from the mesh of the earbud, turn them upside down so that the mesh would face the ground. This would prevent any liquid from going inside the earbuds.
- Now use a cotton swab damped in rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol). And gently run it through all the surfaces of the mesh. This will stick most of the earwax onto the cotton swab.
- The rest will hang out loose, which can be detached by gently tapping the earbuds from above.
- This way all of the residues of ear wax should be removed.
- Make sure to attach the dried ear tips back to the earbuds.
This is how you can quickly get the dirty bacterial colony-filled, clogged wax out from the Beats Earbuds.
Warning: Never attach wet ear tips to your earbuds. Using wet ear tips can cause a short circuit or unnecessary damage to the earbuds.
How to Put Beats Earbuds In Your Ears
Now that you have learned how to take care of the Beats Earbuds. Let’s move to the correct method of putting them into your ears to get the most out of them.
- Start with the basics, open the charging case, the earbuds placed on the right side of your hand are for your right ear. And the same goes for the other one present on the left side.
- The rubber ear tips would go directly into the ears with the logo (b) facing outside. You and other people can easily see the logo which says “b” in a small case.
This is the right convenient method of inserting your earbuds into the ears.
Related Post: How to Clean Beats Studio Headphones
How to Make Beats Earbuds Stay In Your Ear
If your Beats Earbuds keep on falling which makes you feel like throwing them away. Hold your thoughts right there and keep reading along.
By looking at the contour of an average person’s outer ear, There are three sizes of ear tips available in the Beats Earbuds box. By default, the medium ear tips are already attached for convenience.
Now, the catch is, if you don’t feel the perfect seal or the earbuds feel unsecured on plugging into the ears, you might need to jump on for the larger-size rubber tips.
Or in the second scenario, one might feel the medium-sized ear tips are larger for their ears and are uncomfortable to wear. In this case, one should be attaching the right size which are smaller ones of course.
This is the simply easy way to get the Beats Earbuds attached to your ears for a long during your everyday routine.
Your earbuds need proper cleaning and disinfection. They are literally crying for it if you’re using them in your everyday routine. With these simple and easy ways, you can effectively clean and make them look new. It is advisable to give a quick cleaning regime once a week with a thorough cleaning once a month. In this way, you can enjoy the perfect sound that you have been missing for so long.