As we know that bone conduction headphones bypass the ear canal and provide sound directly to the inner air, so we can assume that every bone headphone should be OKAY for hearing-impaired individuals. However, here is a catch, there are factors that are worth considering as alternative options for your needs.
Consulting with a doctor is advisable to ensure the most appropriate course of action for addressing hearing concerns. Moreover, considering that individuals have varying head sizes, so, there might be variations in fit and comfort for different users. Last but not least, price range and features like multi-pairing, microphone, and many other aspects like battery backup and the sound quality need to be considered when buying a bone conduction headphone for the hearing impaired.
So, in this article, I will provide you with the 7 best bone conduction headphones for hearing impaired people that are not only exceptional in terms of sound quality and comfortability but also very reasonably priced.
Our Recommendations On Best Bone Conduction Headphones for Hearing Impaired
- Open-Ear Design
- Lightweight & Comfortable
- 8-Hours of Music & Calls
- IP67 Waterproof Rating
- Wireless Convenience
- Innovative Wireless Bone-Conducting Headphone
- Advanced Bluetooth Headphones5.0 Connectivity
- Comfortable, Lightweight Design
- High-Fidelity Sound and Microphone +6 Hour Battery Life
- Sweat Resistance of Sports Headphones
- Bone Conduction Technology
- Be Aware of the Surroundings
- Comfortable Wearing
Bone Conduction Headphones for Hearing Impaired Comparison Table in 2023
|swimaudios Bone Conduction...||293 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Aftershokz Aeropex (Rebranded as...||7,934 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|VIDONN Air Conduction Headphones...||41 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|YouthWhisper Bone Conduction...||3,167 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|WANFEI Bone Conduction Headphones,...||1,368 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Gogailen Bone Conduction...||335 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Swimaudios Bone Conduction Headphones
SwimAudios brings budget options for hearing-impaired people. I got a charging cable, SwimAudios Headphones, and a user manual after unboxing.
As someone with a close family member with hearing loss, I was excited to try out the Swimaudios Bone Conduction Headphones. This innovative bone conduction technology provides a unique solution for those with hearing loss, and I was curious to see how effective they would be in real-life situations.
Additionally, regarding connectivity, Bluetooth 5.0 is a great addition, allowing me to connect to my phone and smartwatch. The wireless performance was generally reliable, although I did experience some dropouts occasionally. Though I have used headphones like Eixpdaye Bone Conduction Headphones that offer the highly smooth Bluetooth 5.3 that I have tested and appreciate.
After using them for a few weeks, I am thoroughly impressed. While the sound quality may not be as rich and dynamic as some traditional headphones, bone conduction technology’s clarity and natural sound are remarkable. I could understand speech and music much more clearly than with conventional headphones, which significantly benefits individuals with hearing loss.
Battery life is the main element of the Bone headphones, and I tested these headphones for a considerable time. Upon continuous playing, I was surprised by the consistent battery timing of 6 hours, though it was not enough than the headphones I have already used. If you are looking for longer battery time, consider choosing Wigfar Bone Conduction Headphones with 8 hours of continuous music time.
Everybody wants a perfectly durable and withstanding headset. I love going for runs and working out, and I was pleased to find that they could withstand my sweat and keep working flawlessly. The IPX6 level of water resistance makes them a great workout partner for cycling, fitness, or running sports enthusiasts.
While the Swimaudios Bone Conduction Headphones feature a commendable water-resistant design, there is room for improvement to further enhance their suitability for swimming. One area where certain competitors have excelled is in the development of waterproof headphones, offering a valuable feature for individuals who engage in water sports.
What makes Swimaudios Bone Conduction Headphones a compelling choice for buyers?
These are some of the Positive aspects we (myself or my team members) have observed while using these Bone conduction headphones so far:
- I like the lightweight titanium design of these headphones, and I am sure you will also like them, but the main thing is color choices. There are very few headphone brands that give a range of colors, and Swimaudios is one of them.
- If you see the price tag, these headphones provide a 6-hour battery backup, which is good and should be acceptable for any outdoor activity.
- Although the audio quality is not exceptional again in terms of price, these headphones provide extraordinary sound quality, making them the best bone conduction headphones for people who are hard of hearing.
Why should you not buy Swimaudios Bone Conduction Headphones?
During our experience with these Bone conduction headphones, we have identified a few areas that could be improved upon.
- Although you cannot expect earth-breaking features at a low price range, adjustability is a necessary feature missing in these headphones.
- While these headphones offer flexibility, individuals with larger or smaller head sizes may encounter fitting challenges.
I have reached the final verdict that if you are looking for a complete Bone Conduction headset with a decent battery, good water resistance, and optimum connectivity for just under 30 bucks, this is the best option.
krcong bone conduction headphones
I bought Krcong Bone conduction headphones to test for the hearing impaired. And I received Krcong Bone Conduction Headphones, a Magnetic Charging Cable, Sponge Earplugs, and a Manual upon unboxing.
I’ve been searching for the perfect headphones to keep people and me with hearing impairment safe and entertained during workouts and daily activities. After trying out the Krong Bone Conduction Headphones, I thought these headphones were remarkable in all aspects.
Bone conduction technology is an absolute breakthrough. I could listen to my music and still be aware of my surroundings, which gave me peace of mind while running on busy city streets.
The intelligent wake-up feature is a unique addition that gives me a sense of safety during outdoor runs. And the IPX7 waterproof Rating was reassuring during my sweaty workouts and long-running routine. For total waterproofing, alternative options such as Pinetree Bone Conduction Headphones, which boast an IPX68 rating, may provide superior performance.
One of the best things about these headphones is their lightweight and comfortable design. Even after long runs or bike rides, I didn’t experience any discomfort or pain. The flexible and durable titanium frame was also a plus, as it withstood bending and stretching without deformation.
The 8-hour battery life is good, but it landed between 5 to 6 hours upon testing. To further enhance convenience, a longer battery life would be beneficial as it would reduce the need for frequent recharging. So, if you are searching for better battery life, I suggest you go for Relxhome Bone Conduction Headphones, which further offer waterproofing with 8 hours of tested battery life.
What I liked compared to other Bone conduction headphones present in the market is the Krong headphones are reasonably priced, making them an excellent option for those on a budget.
What makes Krcong bone conduction headphones a worthwhile purchase?
These are some of the Positive aspects we (myself or my team members) have observed while using these bone-conduction headphones so far:
- The best thing I see missing in most bone-conduction headphones is an alert feature or whatever you can name this. When running on the road, it is important to have a visible indicator for the awareness of others. This can avoid accidents. So, Krong uses a light on both sides for this purpose which is excellent at such a reasonable price point.
- I also want to appreciate the battery backup of Krong. An 8-hour battery backup is outstanding if you see the price.
- Like Swimaudios, Krong also used a flexible titanium frame that is comfortable for most head sizes.
What are some factors to consider before purchasing Krcong bone conduction headphones?
During our experience with these bone-conduction headphones, we have noticed some areas that may benefit from improvement.
These headphones come in only black color. If you Compare these headphones with Swimaudios bone conduction headphones, Swimaudios gives plenty of options. While on the contrary, these headphones excel in many aspects, the color options might not align perfectly with everyone’s preferences.
Quality battery life and durable design with magnetic charging make it a reasonable option for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Nobody can beat Shokz for quality and reliability. I bought Aeropex Classic to test for hearing impairment. I received Aeropex Headphones, Silicone Carrying Case, (2) Magnetic Charging Cables, and Earplugs.
I eagerly looked forward to trying out the Shokz OpenRun bone conduction headphones (previously known as the Aftershokz Aeropex) for my readers with hearing impairment. And boy! Their performance did blow me away.
The patented bone conduction technology delivered a premium audio experience by providing sound through my cheekbones, keeping me aware of my surroundings even while listening to music. Although the audio quality wasn’t as crisp as air-conduction headphones, the volume and clarity were impressive for Bone conduction technology.
The lightweight and comfortable design of the headset made it easy for me to wear it for extended periods without any discomfort that would do the job for impaired people. The bud-free plan was a relief, as I didn’t have to worry about pain or discomfort even after prolonged use.
The AfterShokz Aeropex headphones impressed me with their long-lasting battery life of up to 8 hours. They kept me entertained and connected on the go without any interruptions. I found these headphones better concerning the battery than PURERINA Bone Conduction Headphones and Panadia Bone Conduction Headphones that I used and tested for the same reason.
The headphones’ IP67 waterproof Rating made them completely sweaty and waterproof, perfecting them for workouts and running. However, it would have been great if they were also suitable for swimming, like Shokz OpenSwim. The moisture detection alert for safe charging was a great addition, ensuring I didn’t damage the headphones.
Pairing the headphones with my iOS and Android Bluetooth-ready devices was a breeze, thanks to the easy multipoint Bluetooth pairing. The multifunction button allowed me to control my music, answer calls, activate my voice assistant, and do much more with a single click.
The headphones’ dual noise-canceling microphones impressed me, making phone calls clear and distortion-free even in noisy environments. This feature makes them an excellent choice for anyone who frequently takes calls on the go.
What are the reasons to consider purchasing AfterShokz Aeropex headphones?
These are some of the Positive aspects we (myself or my team members) have observed while using these Bone conduction headphones so far:
- Compared to traditional earbuds, the AfterShokz Aeropex offers several advantages, including the fact that they do not fall out of your ears regardless of how hard you work out.
- It has many other things like a silicon carrying case, two magnetic charging cables, and earplugs, which is a good plus.
- Aeropex has an exceptional battery backup of 8 hours which is excellent for long gym sessions and outdoor activity.
- Compared to all listed bone conduction headphones on this list, Aeropex has outstanding sound quality.
- Aeropex multi-pairing is a unique feature if you compare it with other devices on this list that allows you to connect with two devices simultaneously.
What factors should be considered before deciding on the purchase of AfterShokz Aeropex?
During our experience with these bone-conduction headphones, we encountered a few areas with room for improvement.
- Aeropex showcases impressive water resistance qualities, though it is designed to resist water rather than being fully waterproof. The product’s elevated price may warrant thoughtful consideration that best suits their individual requirements.
- Despite its exceptional sound quality, one minor aspect that some buyers may notice is a slight reduction in the bass, which can be seen as an opportunity for further enhancement. However, you may accept it if you understand that it is an open-ear headphone that keeps you aware of your surroundings.
With a reliable battery, good brand credibility, and excellent multipoint pairing, these are undoubtedly one of the Best Inductive headphones for the Hearing Impaired.
Vidonn bone conduction headphones
Vidonn focuses on the design and innovative research of wearables. I bought a Vidon E300 to test the claims. Upon unboxing, I got Vidonn Bone Conduction headphones, cable, plugs, and a user manual.
I am always looking for headphones that will stay put during intense workouts like Jumping Jacks. The lightweight body and flexible titanium headband of the VIDONN headphones made them comfortable to wear for extended periods without causing any discomfort or pressure.
The headphones’ bulkiness, noticed by some users, actually showcases their durability. During dynamic activities like jumping jacks, occasional adjustments may be needed to maintain a secure fit.
Moreover. the headphones’ titanium alloy manufacturing and ergonomic design are impressive, but I noticed they lacked noise-cancellation technology. However, the open-ear design of the VIDONN headphones makes them ideal for individuals who need to remain aware of their surroundings, like those with hearing impairments.
This feature surpassed its competitor, MOING Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones, which only offered 5-6 hours of battery life.
When it comes to sound quality, the audio quality was also impressive, with more balanced sound, better volume, and rich bass. I could hear my surroundings while also enjoying my music, which is essential for my skateboarding.
The headphones are equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity which allows me to pair them with my iPhone and smartwatch easily. However, I have already tested the Eixpdaye Bone Conduction Headphones which offer a strong Bluetooth 5.3 connection.
What are the compelling reasons to consider purchasing Vidonn bone conduction headphones?
These are some of the Positive aspects we (myself or my team members) have observed while using these bone conduction headphones so far:
- In order to ensure that you will be enjoying your Vidonn bone conduction headphones for a long time to come, there is a 12-month warranty on them, which is exceptional
- Since I have pretty bad tinnitus in my right ear, I use these headphones to bypass the ringing. They are very comfortable and helpful for both phone conversations and listening to music. Moreover, my ENT doctor approved their use since they helped drown out the ringing.
- In terms of sound, I was pleased to hear how good they sounded.These headphones have their own distinct sound profile that sets them apart from Airpods, and that’s a good thing. In spite of this, I was pleasantly surprised by what I obtained. The treble and bass are well balanced for music and podcasts, resulting in a good-sounding experience.
- You will also like the battery backup. At a very reasonable price, 6 hours is enough for any outdoor activity.
What factors should be taken into consideration when deciding to purchase Vidonn bone conduction headphones?
During our experience with these bone-conduction headphones, we have come across a few areas where there is room for improvement:
- While these headphones offer an array of impressive features, it’s worth noting that their weight is one aspect that could be further optimized for user comfort. While they provide a high level of comfort for most users, some individuals may have different preferences in terms of comfort.
- Most users find these well designed, but if you used the previous version, you would say they are Okay in terms of design.
With a very comfortable design necessary for people with impairment, quality water resistance, better connectivity of Bluetooth 5.0, and much better sound quality than other Bone Conduction headphones, I rate these headphones one of the Best Budget Bone Conduction Headphones for Hearing Impaired.
YouthWhisper Bone Conduction Headphones
YouthWhisper brings reliable tech on a budget, and these Bone headphones are one of them. I unboxed it and received a USB Cable, YouthWhisper bone conduction headset with mic, User Manual, and sponge earplugs.
I have had the opportunity to use and test the YouthWhisper Bone Conduction Headphones Bluetooth, and they are an excellent choice for hearing-impaired people. The bone conduction technology delivers sound through the cheekbone, allowing for comfortable daily wear.
The lightweight body and flexible titanium headband reduce pressure on the ears, making it comfortable for long working-out routines. Further, I liked the soft silicone patch that goes gently on the cheekbone skin.
While the YouthWhisper Bone Conduction Headphones with Bluetooth 5.0 is still an excellent choice, the upgraded YouthWhisper Super Q3 with Bluetooth 5.2 provides a superior experience. If you value a strong and stable Bluetooth connection and advanced features, I recommend trying the Super Q3 model.
I was impressed with the battery life of these headphones. On a fully charged battery, I could listen to music for up to 6 hours or make phone calls continuously for 8 hours. Additionally, it has an impressive standby time of up to 20 days. Yet, many good options, like ZKAPOR Premium Bone Conduction Headphones, come with a battery time of about 8 hours(tested).
While these headphones may not be the best option for listening to music in noisy environments, they still offer excellent sound quality. And compared to other Bone conduction headphones on the market, they are a steal.
The sweat resistance of IPX54 of these headphones is noteworthy. I found it effortless to clean them with a cotton pad soaked in alcohol after my workout. The following day, upon pressing the Bluetooth button, the headphones seamlessly reconnected to my phone. I recommend exploring the impressive HEGEDLE Bone Conduction Headphones, which come with the fantastic feature of IPX68 durability
What are the compelling factors that make YouthWhisper Bone Conduction Headphones worth considering?
While using these bone-conduction headphones, our team members have noticed certain areas where further improvements can be made:
- Because Using titanium alloy material, these headphones give you a more comfortable wearing experience during long runs and workouts.
- The battery can last for eight hours of talking time or six hours of music play after it has been fully charged for two hours. It is enough for the price range.
- As far as the connectivity range is concerned, it goes past my house and into my garden. In this way, I can listen to music while I am doing gardening activities.
Why should you not buy YouthWhisper Bone Conduction Headphones?
These are some of the Negative aspects we (myself or my team members) have observed while using these bone-conduction headphones so far:
- The product offers a comfortable and secure fit while lying in bed. However, the fixed back band may impact the flexibility to enjoy audiobooks or music.
- When utilizing the conduction pads in a horizontal position, there is a chance of sound diffusion, which may impact the overall audio experience.
I have reached the final verdict that an elegant and durable design, stable battery life of around 6 hours, and standard sound quality make it a top-notch choice for Bone Conduction headphones under $50 for the hearing impaired.
Wanfei bone conduction headphones
Wanfei is one of the affordable Bone headphone brands with quality products. I bought it to test it, and upon unboxing, I received Wanfei Bone conduction headphones, a Manual, a USB cable, and a Storage bag.
My first impression of these headphones was satisfactory. The headphones were lightweight and made of premium soft silicone material, making them comfortable for extended periods. I wore them while running, dancing, or even wearing glasses, and they didn’t fall off.
When discussing the sound quality, I found it decent, but it’s not as straightforward as traditional headphones or hearing aids. However, enjoying your music and taking phone calls with the built-in microphone is still good enough. The volume levels may not be high enough for those with severe hearing loss, but they should be sufficient for those with mild to moderate hearing loss.
The built-in microphone ensures more explicit phone calls, and the Bluetooth 5.0 connection makes it easy to connect to my smartphone within 10 meters. In contrast, competitors such as YouthWhisper SuperQ3 Pro provide a seamlessly stable connectivity experience that you will truly appreciate
However, it’s worth mentioning that they need to include noise cancellation, which some users might prioritize for their listening experience. Also, the headphones’ volume could be louder, especially outdoors.
The battery life is decent, lasting up to 7 hours of non-stop music or podcasts, but it’s worth noting that the headphones take a while to charge fully. The IP55 waterproof Rating is excellent, making the headphones resistant to sweat, but I happened to test JekaDabe Bone Conduction headphones that come with IPX6 and 360-degree bendable headbands in the same price range.
Compared to other Bone conduction headphones on the market, the WANFEI headphones are an excellent option for those with mild to moderate hearing loss. I found these headphones more affordable than some high-end bone conduction headphones but still offer
a good balance of quality, comfort, and features.
What makes Wanfei bone conduction headphones a worthwhile purchase?
These are some of the Positive aspects we (myself or my team members) have observed while using these bone-conduction headphones so far:
- With their reasonable price tag, the WANFEI Bone Conduction headphones provide excellent value for money.
- These bone headphones are designed to be comfortable and fit well on the head.
- WANFEI bone headphones are durable, making them great for sports, running, and other activities.
- They come with an IP55 rating and are relatively waterproof, so it should not be a problem to withstand some elements’ abuse.
- The single button for volume, I thought might be a pain – but it is easier than the two buttons on the Aftershokz – simply because on the Aftershokz, the buttons are relatively flush, and often I would press the wrong one (as they are next to each other) to increase volume, etc.
What factors should be considered before deciding to purchase Wanfei bone conduction headphones?
While using these bone-conduction headphones, our team members have noticed certain areas where further improvements can be made.
- The product offers great comfort, although extended wear may occasionally result in gentle impressions near the ear area.
- The product features a fixed design that is intentionally crafted to provide a distinct experience, deviating from the conventional neck-resting style. This deliberate extension provides versatility, although it may require some adjustment when used with hats, headbands, etc.
Gogailen Bone Conduction Headphones
Gogailen brings durable headsets and a long-lasting battery for the users. And to test the claims and sound quality for the hearing impaired, I bought and received Gogailen Bone Conduction Headphones, USB Cable, and User Manual.
Once I had my first peek at it, I was impressed by the premium look and design they carry. The open design makes it easy to stay aware of my surroundings while listening or calling. I found this especially useful when I was out for a run or cycling, as it helped me feel more secure. I felt more secure wearing these than earbuds.
The Bluetooth 5.3 technology provided a stable connection, and I appreciated that I could listen to audio without being connected to my phone. I found the Bluetooth connectivity more stable than Aeropex and OpenSwim. While the Bluetooth connection may be limited underwater, this wasn’t a significant issue, as I didn’t plan to use the headphones for swimming.
One of the essential features I can vouch for is the IPX68 Rating. I tested them out underwater and found that they worked perfectly fine. However, it’s worth noting that the Bluetooth transmission can be limited when submerged, so it’s best to use the MP3 mode while swimming.
Regarding music and sound quality, the built-in 32GB MP3 player is also a nice touch, allowing me to store a massive amount of music without needing additional devices. I also appreciated the HI-FI sound quality, which kept the sound clear and free from distortion.
The 10-hour battery life was sufficient for my needs, and the magnetic charging design made it easy to keep the headphones charged. I was pleased with the battery life of the Gogailen Bone Conduction Headphones, and it was better than its competitors, CHENSIVE Bone Conduction Headphones, which come with only 6 hours of battery life.
One minor consideration to keep in mind is that the magnetic charging feature may occasionally require a bit of attention to ensure optimal alignment. Additionally, while the Bluetooth 5.3 chip provides a more stable connection, there can still be some lag or delay.
What are the reasons to consider purchasing PURERINA Bone Conduction Headphones?
After testing under several scenarios for hearing-impaired people, my team and I found out that these headphones are a good choice because
- These headphones are durable and have a long-lasting battery of 10 hours.
- You can use them as swimming headphones.
- Bluetooth connectivity of 5.3 is simply remarkable.
What factors should you take into account that may lead you to reconsider purchasing PURERINA Bone Conduction Headphones?
For those seeking true noise cancellation for calls and an immersive sound experience, alternative headphone options may be more suitable.
I have reached the final verdict that compared to other bone conduction headphones on the market, the Gogailen Bone Conduction Headphones truly stand out. Their waterproof Rating and built-in MP3 player are both features that set them apart from others.
Overall all the above-given bone conduction headphones are suitable for hearing impaired individuals, but you should ask your doctor, as one of my team members did. If you are looking for exceptional bone headphones for listening problems without compromises, you should go for AfterShokz Aeropex.
On the other hand, if you have a low budget, you can go for Swimaudios Bone Conduction Headphones. Don’t worry, you will not regret it. Lastly, if you ask for my best bone conduction headphones for hearing impaired persons, I will recommend you to go for the YouthWhisper Bone Conduction Headphones.
Can the hearing impaired use bone-conduction headphones?
Yes, the hearing impaired can use bone-conduction headphones. These headphones bypass the ear canal and directly transmit sound vibrations to the inner ear through the bones of the skull, making them suitable for individuals with hearing loss.
Does AfterShokz work for hearing impaired?
AfterShokz headphones can give a huge benefit to hearing-impaired individuals by transmitting sound through bone conduction. However, individual experiences may vary, and consulting with a healthcare professional is recommended.
Are bone conduction headphones good for sensorineural hearing loss?
These headphones can help those with sensorineural hearing loss by transmitting sound through bone vibrations. Their effectiveness varies based on the individual’s hearing loss severity and personal preferences. Consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice.