Are your Beats Solo3 Headphones giving you a hard time and keep glitching quite often?
This article is for you as it provides you with quick and easy solutions to all the Beats Solo3 Problems that can get in your way while using this headphone.
The gathered information in this article s a practical guide, explaining step-by-step solutions that anyone can understand and implement right away without having any tech background.
Beats Solo3 Not Working
One must diagnose the Beats Solo3s not working problem to troubleshoot it effectively. They are discussed below with handy solutions. But let’s tick the basic checklist for the minor faults and exclude those out;
- Inspect for faulty audio source – Check the audio device from which your Beats Headphones are connected is producing sound voice. Test your headphones by plugging them into different audio devices and check if the problem exists.
- Inspect for plugging issues – Make sure the wires of the headphones are securely attached to the audio device. Unplug and re-plug them if found any loose attachments.
- Charge the battery – Fully charged battery is unlikely to cause trouble. Otherwise, there might be sound or connectivity issues.
Beats Solo3 Right Side Not Working
What To Do?
- Loose attachments – Check for any loose attachments of the cables if you are using a 3.5mm headphone connector with it.
- Fuel the battery – Make sure the headphones are fully charged otherwise there will be issues with external connections causing the sound to arise in one speaker only.
- Cables – Examine the headphone cable if you are using a wired connection. Check for any faulty or damaged parts in the cable.
- Inspect the headphone jack – see if it is properly seated in the headphone or has any defects.
- Try connecting your headphone through a Bluetooth connection – If the sound appears in both speakers then your cable is the main culprit. Replace it with a new one.
- Update firmware – If the problem persists, try updating with the latest firmware updates.
- Check the Bluetooth connection – is it turned on and near the source device? While the range is upto 30meters still try to be as close as possible.
- Reset the headphone – If none of the above solutions work, resetting your headphone will solve your issue – long press the power button with the volume down toggle button simultaneously for about 10 seconds. The LED light should blink, indicating a successful reset.
ProTip: If everything above goes in vain, there exists a hardware issue in your headphone’s speaker. Contact Apple customer support for guidance.
Beats Solo3 Left Side Not Working
What To Do?
- Examine the connections – Check if the 3.5 mm audio jack is connected. The L-shaped connection links to your audio device, while the straight input connects to your headset. See the diagram for assistance.
- Audio source – Verify that the audio source is turned on and operational.
- Configure settings – Try changing the setup settings on a computer or laptop if that is your audio source.
- Try alternating cables and connections.
- Clean the headphones – Sometimes, dirt or debris can get trapped in the headphones and cause audio issues. Use a dry cloth for it.
- Try resetting – Resetting the headphones would work by following these steps.
ProTip: If the problem won’t resolve, contact Apple Customer Support to fix the issue.
Beats Solo3 Not Working in Cold Weather
What To Do?
- Fast battery consumption – Cold and freezing temperatures can easily drain the batteries from such gadgets. Make sure to charge them fully before taking a walk in chilly areas.
- Affect the Bluetooth connection – Again cold weather can interfere with Bluetooth connectivity which hinders connectivity, turn off the Bluetooth connection and reset it again after waiting for some seconds.
- Protect It from moisture – Extreme weather can hold up moisture in the internal parts of the headphones. It results in the malfunctioning of the gadget. Try storing them in a warm place before taking them out in cold.
- Firmware update – Make sure you have updated your Beats Solo3 Headphones with their latest update.
- Contact customer support – Finally, if nothing works, contact their helpline for further guidance. They would explain to you the troubleshooting steps or if you need any repair or replacement.
ProTip: These headphones usually stop working in cold weather under 0°C (32°F) to protect their batteries from potential harm. Read the cleaning and storage instructions for these.
Beats Solo3 Not Working on Windows 10
What To Do?
- Secure connection – While using your Beats with a wired type connection. Check to see if the wires are firmly attached to your PC. Half plugins can cause problems with Headphones. In the wireless connection, make sure that it is connected via Bluetooth and showing up on the PC.
- For Bluetooth troubleshooting – If there is an issue with the Bluetooth connection, try these steps; With the Windows key + Press X > Settings > Select Update and Security > Move to Troubleshooter > Additional troubleshooter > Search for Bluetooth > Run its troubleshooter.
- Set the Bluetooth to automatic – With the Windows key + Press R > write Services.msc > Enter > Search for Bluetooth Support Service > Make it enabled or automatic.
- Using the old Bluetooth driver – The following steps should be followed.
Press the Windows key with X > Device Manager > click the Bluetooth Driver > Search for the Bluetooth driver that was installed > Right click and Update > Click on “Browse my computer for the driver > Choose drivers available drivers” > Select an outdated driver and employ it > Restart your device and try to pair it again.
- If the issue remains there, from the manufacturer’s website > install a Bluetooth driver.
- Configure sound settings – Set your Beats Solo3 to the default playback device. Go to Sound Settings in the control panel > In the Playback Tab > search for Beats Solo3 Headphones > set to the default device.
- Disable the audio enhancement – Control panel > Sound settings > In the Playback Tab> select your headphone > Properties > Enhancements > Unselect all the boxes.
- Test with other devices – if the problem is still there. Make sure to test your headphones with another device to find whether windows is the culprit or something else is causing the issue.
Beats Solo3 Not Showing Up on Bluetooth
What To Do?
- Turn pairing mode ON – Check to see whether your headphone and device are in pairing mode. Activate the device’s Bluetooth by going into its Bluetooth settings. And you can turn on your headphone by long pressing the power toggle button until the LED flashlight blinks. It means it is ready to be paired.
- The range for smooth Bluetooth connection – Ensure the distance between your device and headphones aren’t longer than 30 feet. The closer they are, the better your headphones would sound.
- Restart both devices – turn the device and headphones off. Then try again for a Bluetooth connection.
- Make your device forget the headphone connection – Then repair them again. For the process, read this.
- Reset headphones – This is a final action that can resolve the Bluetooth not showing up issue.
- Update firmware – Using old firmware can hinder Bluetooth connectivity which can cause interruptions while its use. Download the latest one from their website.
- Test your headphone with other devices – Connect your gadget with other source devices. This will help to catch the main culprit of the problem.
Protip: Avoid using Bluetooth headphones in an area where other devices emit radio waves such as microwaves and other routers.
Beats Solo3 Reset Not Working
What To Do?
- Check the charge of your headphones – Before resetting your headphones, make sure they are fully charged. Charge it for at least 10 minutes before performing a reset if the battery is low,
- Use the button on the left ear cup to reset – For 10 seconds, while holding down the volume and power buttons at the same time, the LED indicator light will blink. Your headphones will be reset as a result.
- Reset your device – If the first option did not work, try using your device to reset your headphones. Find your Beats Solo3 in the Bluetooth settings of your device > choose “Forget This Device” > attempt to pair your headphones once more.
- Upgrade the firmware on your headphones – If your headphones aren’t functioning smoothly, their outdated firmware may be the culprit.
- Get in touch with Beats customer service – If none of the suggestions above work, there might be a hardware problem. For additional help, get in touch with Beats support.
Protip: Always make sure to abide by the directions that came with your headphones, and avoid taking any actions that can harm them.
Beats Solo3 Lights Not Working
What To Do?
There can be two possibilities either only the lights are not working and the headphones seem to work fine. Another one is your Beats Solo3s shut down completely with the power and indicator lights not blinking at all.
Take the first scenario;
- Drained batteries – can cause the lights to stop working for a while. Charge it for 10 minutes before use and see if the lights start flashing or not.
- Reset the headphone – Hold the power button and volume down key simultaneously for 10 seconds until the flashlights start blinking.
- Configure the LED lights setting – Long press the power button until you notice LED lights blinking. It is the way to turn them ON.
- Visit the Beats app – Check the settings of the Beats app on your device to see if the LED lights are turned on.
- Get in touch with Beats customer service – If nothing fixes the issue, there must be a hardware problem. The cable in the board for the LEDs has either broken or come free due to normal wear and tear. Get in touch with Beats support.
ProTip: The LED lights are for the guidance of a user and play no important role in the functionality of your headphones.
Now For the Second Scenario;
- Replace the batteries – If your headphones are dead with no lights blinking of course! Give it a try and charge or reset the headphone. If nothing works then give thought to replacing your battery with the new one.
The detailed battery replacement method is mentioned here which is quick and easy to follow.
Beats Solo3 Microphone Not Working
What To Do?
- Connectivity – Make sure the headphones are not loosely attached to your device. If using a wireless connection then check if both of them are paired or not.
- Volume bar – Ensure the volume levels are optimal otherwise it will affect the microphone function.
- Restart and resetting the device – Most of the time either restarting or resetting the devices can resolve connectivity issues.
- Configure microphone settings – ensure the microphone settings are properly set in your device.
- On Iphone > go to settings> then privacy > microphone to check for the configuration.
- On Windows you can check it if your microphone is disabled > click sound (present on the taskbar) > recording tab > Make sure “Show Disabled Devices” is checked when you right-click on the space.
- Try activating any disabled devices or microphones by right-clicking on them and choosing Enable to see if it resolves the problem.
Protip: The ear cup contains the microphone. Assure that nothing physical is blocking it. To make sure no debris or oil obstructs the microphone, wipe out your Beats Solo3 with a dry cleaning cloth.
Beats Solo3 Power Button Not Working
What To Do?
- Put them on charge via a provided USB cable. Once the LED lights start flashing and then stops, remove the headphone from it and try to turn them on by power button.
- Check the battery level with the Beats app for Androids as drained batteries can cause this issue.
- Clean the power button with a soft dry brush or cloth for any debris or dirt which can be a potential cause. More details can be read here.
Beats Solo3 No Sound on Bluetooth
What To Do?
Ensure the volumes on both devices and set it on optimal hearing levels.
Configure the sound settings if the problem persists;
- On Apple phones > Settings > Bluetooth menu > select Beats Headphones.
- On Mac,> System Preferences > Sound > select Beats headphones for output and input.
- On PC > Sound Settings > select Beats for playback and recordings.
- On Androids > Connections settings > Select Bluetooth > Beats Headphones.
Beats Solo3 Stopped Working
What To Do?
- The reasons can be many as mentioned in the article above.
- Resetting your headphone is by far the most effective way to resolve most of the issues. Read this to perform the resetting of your Beats Solo3s.
Beats Solo3 Won’t Turn On or Charge
What To Do?
- Damaged cable or port – Check for any defects or kinks in the provided cable cord or in the charging port.
- Defective battery – If the adapter and cable are fine. Try charging it with a new charger, still if the headphones do not charge. It’s time to change the batteries.
This detailed troubleshooting guide covers all the Beats Solo3 Problems. It helps you better understand the ins and outs of Beats Over-ear Headphones. This will save you money and time in running an errand to the technician for its repair and you can do it on your own without any hesitation.