You may encounter many issues with the Aftershokz headphones, but most of the issues are not hardware type, but that could be some technical issues during pairing and other activities. Aftershokz gives proper guidelines on aftershokz troubleshooting and the proper setup information on the manual with the headphones you receive.
However, many problems cannot be solved without specific problem descriptions and troubleshooting. So, here we will discuss some issues you may encounter and the step-by-step guide to troubleshooting.
Look at the following problems and issues you may encounter:
- The headphones are not able to pair with the phone.
- There is no way to pair the headphones with anything.
- There is no sound coming from headphones.
- There is a static sound coming from the headphones.
- The headphones are constantly cutting in and out.
- There is too much ambient noise picked up by the headphone microphone.
- My headphones don’t seem to be picking up my voice.
- The mic on the headphones is garbling the voice.
How to reset Aftershokz headphones to troubleshoot issues?
All the issues mentioned above related to connectivity, sound quality, and microphone issues can be resolved with the resetting of headphones. The following instructions will guide you through the process of manually resetting the Aftershokz headphones:
- The first thing you should do is turn off your headphones.
- To enter pairing mode, hold down the volume+ button for 5 to 7 seconds. You will notice a flashing red and blue LED light on your headphones to indicate that they are in pairing mode.
- For 3 to 5 seconds, hold the volume+ button, the volume- button, and the multifunction button simultaneously. During this time, a beep or vibration will be heard. The first time may have to be repeated several times.
- You need to turn off your headphones.
It should now be possible to pair the headphones again, as they have been reset. Also, the issues related to sound and microphones should be resolved. We highly recommend switching off the device (cell phone, Windows etc.) you’re connected to and then turning it back on again before re-pair your headphones after they have been reset.
Aftershokz troubleshooting: Other issues
There are some more issues that you can encounter. Let’s look at them one by one and troubleshoot steps.
Headphone not turning on
You will need to hold the volume+ button for 3 to 5 seconds. After that, you will hear a welcome message.
If it’s not working after several tries. You should contact customer service.
Headphone not entering to pairing mode (second step of resetting)
- The first thing you need to do is turn off your headphones.
- Once the volume+ button has been pressed, hold it for five to seven seconds.
- You will hear a welcome message. Maintain that hold.
- During pairing, you will hear a “Pairing” sound, and the LED light will flash red and blue, signaling that the pairing has been completed.
It is recommended that you contact customer service if you continue to experience problems pairing.
Headphones charging issues
It is recommended that you test the headphones with an alternative micro USB cable. Then, if the headphones still do not charge, you should file a warranty claim. Also, if the headphones’ battery is not lasting for mentioned time, you can claim a warranty.
Headphones turn off automatically
Claim a warranty.
Headphones not connecting to Windows
There have been reports that some Windows users are having problems pairing their headphones with their PCs, although most people are finding it to be no problem to do this. This is usually resolved as soon as your Bluetooth drivers are updated. The driver can be found on the Aftershokz website.
You can also read our guides for:
- How to turn on Aftershokz Headphones
- Aftershokz Not Turning ON
- Aftershokz Not Charging
- Aftershokz Multifunction Button Not Working
- How to Wear Aftershokz with Glasses
- How to Claim Aftershokz Warranty
Some of our Recommended Aftershokz Bone Conduction Headphones
|AfterShokz Aeropex - Open-Ear...||40,540 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|AfterShokz OpenMove Wireless Bone...||18,411 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|AfterShokz OpenComm Wireless Stereo...||2,108 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|AfterShokz Air Bone Conduction...||4,400 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|AfterShokz Titanium Open Ear...||6,079 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|AfterShokz Xtrainerz Bone...||1,874 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Shokz OpenRun Pro - Premium Bone...||4,737 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|AfterShokz Titanium Mini Bone...||404 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Shokz OpenSwim Swimming MP3 - Bone...||503 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|AfterShokz Aeropex Mini Bone...||40,544 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Shokz OpenRun Mini (AfterShokz...||6,828 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|